ilbert creator Scott Adams claims this is “everything you need to know about personal investing”:
1. Make a will
2. Pay off your credit cards
3. Get term life insurance if you have a family to support
4. Fund your 401k to the maximum
5. Fund your IRA to the maximum
6. Buy a house if you want to live in a house and can afford it
7. Put six months worth of expenses in a money-market account
8. Take whatever money is left over and invest 70% in a stock index fund and 30% in a bond fund through any discount broker and never touch it until retirement
9. If any of this confuses you, or you have something special going on (retirement, college planning, tax issues), hire a fee-based financial planner, not one who charges a percentage of your portfolio
Scott Adams calls it his Unified Theory of Everything Financial.
He might be right.
1 December 2009
Dilbert’s 9 Point Financial Plan
Leave a Comment »
No comments yet.